Hüttensteinach / Schoenau
The history of Hüttensteinach porcelain is one of many names.
The first to produce porcelain in Hüttensteinach was Swaine & Co, doing so in 1854.
Later, in 1869 the Schoenau Brothers started producing porcelain in the same town.
In the early 20th century the two companies merged to be called ‘Gebr. Schoenau, Swaine & Co’ but is usually referred to as Hüttensteinach.
The factory is most well known for it’s high quality hand painted Zwiebelmuster (onion pattern) porcelain. Since the wares are relatively ubiquitous the production must have been of a significant size.