Heinrich was a porcelain manufacturer founded by Franz Heinrich in 1896. In 1901 the company produced it’s first porcelain items.
The factory was a huge success. At some point the three large porcelain producers in Selb (Rosenthal, Hutschenreuther and Heinrich) produced over 50% of all German porcelain.
Franz Heinrich died in 1928 leaving the company in excellent shape, Heinrich took over competitor Graf & Knipper in 1929 and reportedly employed 500 people in 1930.
The company was the first to re-start production after world war II in 1945. In the 1970s the company employed about 700 people. Allegedly it was very good at producing bone china, a rarity in Germany, which was reason for Villeroy and Boch to buy the company.
Villeroy and Boch used the Heinrich mark on many designs for some time but they seem to have dropped the mark in recent years.