Grindley, founded in 1880 by William Harry Grindley, was one of the many pottery producers in Stoke on Trent.
Initially Grindley operated from the Newfield Pottery later, in 1891 it moved to the Woodfield Pottery in Tunstall.
The company produced pottery for everyday use that was very popular in Britain as well as abroad. Wares were widely exported throughout the 20th century.
The last Grindley pieces were produced in 1991. In this year the company was taken over by Woodland pottery and the brand name Grindley was dropped.