Showing all 3 results
James Broadhurst China was established in 1862 by James Broadhurst. This firm was based at the Crown Pottery, Longton, Staffordshire until 1870.
Initially Broadhurst specialised in gold and silver lustreware, which was very popular at the time. In 1870 the firm moved to the nearby Portland Pottery at Fenton, Staffordshire. here it continued to produce lustreware as well as earthenware.
In 1922 the brand was bought by Edward Roper. It remained successful throughout the 20th century.
In 1984 James Broadhurst & Sons Ltd became Churchill Tableware Ltd. The company, still partly owned by the Roper family, now specialises in fine dinnerware for the hospitality industry.