Showing all 9 results
BWM, short for Brown, Westhead, Moore & Co. was a pottery factory located in Hanley, Stoke on Trent.
The factory was founded in 1862 and was active under the name BWM until 1904. After 1904 the company was succeeded by Cauldon Ltd. Subsequently Cauldon was split up in two parts 1962. The part specialising in Porcelain became part of Coalport and the part specialising in pottery was bought by Pountney & Co.
The company was most successful in producing Ironstone dinnerware. Next to selling their wares inside Britain BWM also worked with many foreign importers. Many exported pieces carry marks of retailers as they were custom orders.